Magnetic signs are made using magnetic sheet with lettering, graphics or full-colour digital print applied.
The signs are self-fixing to your vehicle’s metal body panels and are removable and reusable.
Magnetic signs can be stored when not in use and reattached when needed.
Central signs magnets are made from top quality 0.9mm magnetic sheet which will last for many years.
Magnetic signs can be made to any size or shape you need.
- Magnets always have two poles — even if you cut them in half.
- The Earth is like one big bar magnet. It has a magnetic north and magnetic south.
- The most powerful magnet in the universe is actually a star called a magnetar.
- Some farmers give their cows a magnet to swallow. This small magnet attracts nails and wire a cow accidentally eats.
- Hammering a magnet will cause it to lose its magnetic properties. Heating a magnet is another way to take away its magnetic properties. This is because the molecules lose their north-south alignment and get arranged in random directions.
Magnetic Sign Information
Vehicle grade 0.9 mm thick magnetic sheeting for vehicle panels.
Gloss white finish.
Suitable for vinyl graphics and digitally printed vinyl finishes.
Magnetic signs on bonnets are not recommended due to the heat, curvature and air flow.
Common sizes for vehicle panels are:
- 460 x 305mm
- 610 x 460mm
- 610 x 305mm
- 915 x 610mm
We can produce any size you like or that will fit your panel best, contact us today to discuss your magnetic signs.
It’s quick and easy to apply your magnetic signs to your vehicle. Follow these simple steps for the best results:
- Check all the edges of the sign for lumps, bumps or damage. A bump on the edge can allow air and moisture to penetrate under the sign. This can cause it to lift off the vehicle or damage the sign.
- Before applying your magnetic signs make sure both the vehicle and the back of the signs are clean and dry. Wash with soapy water and dry thoroughly.
- The area of the vehicle you’re attaching the magnetic signs should be free of indents, ridges, rust spots and any trim. The area should also be as flat as possible.
- Starting with the top edge, allow the magnetic pull between the sign and the vehicle to gradually come together and help it along the way. Once the car signs or van signs are flat against the surface, check to ensure there are no air pockets.
- If you’ve accidentally attached your magnetic vehicle signs in the wrong place, completely remove them and start again. When removing, lift off at the sides and not the corners and don’t pull the magnetic signs across the surface of your vehicle – this may stretch or damage them.
- Ensure your new vehicle signs are fixed on firmly before driving away.
Magnetic signs are easy to care for and will last for many years if looked after.
Before using your magnets for the first time make sure that the panel is clean and dry. Apply car wax to the panel and the reverse of the magnet.
Remove your magnets every week and clean the back of them and the panel they are applied to. This removes any grit, dirt and moisture which has built up, helping prevent scratches or marks on your paintwork.
Wash signs with warm water and mild detergent. Avoid cleaning fluids and solvents as these may damage your signs.
When not in use make sure your magnets are stored flat or on a smooth metallic surface, such as the inside vehicle panel or the side of a filing cabinet. You can stack the signs one on top of another to save space.